Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No Regrets Chapter 2

"I probably should put Ireland to bed," I said, holding her as her eyes started to slowly droop.

"I can," Richie said. "I've been gone for five months, and I should."

I handed the sleepy baby to him and he went into her room.

Richie was a good father, even if he hadn't seen Ireland for almost part of her life so far. The day she was born was the day she put another sparkle in his eyes.


"So," he said, quietly as he walked out of her room. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course! Ireland did too."

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "You're a good Mommy."

"You're a perfect Daddy."

He kissed me, and then sat down.

"Stressful trip?" I asked as he laid down and rubbed his head.

"Very," he groaned. "Alec leaving...that was hard on us."

"I bet."

"But now I've got a family to come home to."

I hugged him, putting my head in his shoulder.

"Baby, I missed the touch of you," he smiled.

I felt tears roll down. "I missed you too."

"So, you think that we'll be able to go to the beach later this week?"

"I hope so. Little Ireland wouldn't go unless her daddy did," I smiled.

"Jon and Krystal might stop over too with Kitaen. Alright?"

"Okay."

"So," he smiled. "What did you think of the new album? I know, it's weird because it's not the rock side of us," he held my hand. "But, still. It's who we are."

"I love it," I smiled.

"Good, because you're going to be a prostitute."

"What?"

He laughed. "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night video."

I forgot he had asked me to be in that. "Oh, I forgot about that."

"Hello, Billie Jean," he laughed.

"That's Kmae to you, love," I smiled.

1 comment:

  1. "Good, because you're going to be a prostitute." hahaha I laughed so hard! Can't wait for the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete