Monday, April 23, 2012

No Regrets Chapter 1

1995:

Click, click, stomp.

Richie walked into the house, setting his suitcase down.

"Ireland!" I smiled, looking at our sweet baby girl that I had sitting on my hip and in my arms. "Daddy's home!"

She smiled her little baby smile and drooled. Richie had been gone for almost five months. She had been born December 5, and he left January 5.

Richie peeked around the corner. "There's my two beautiful girls!" he bear hugged me, sending me warmth in my heart again.

"Pffft!" Ireland drooled and then giggled.

"She's happy to see you!" I said.
Richie held her little hand and gave me a kiss. "How's the house been?"

"Good. The maid cleaned Yesturday and had been every few days."

He put a red box on the table and smiled widely.

"I tell you everytime! No gifts!" I laughed.

He reached out to Ireland and held her in his arms. "Mommy needs to learn to love what Daddy gives her," he said using his little child voice.

Ireland smiled, looking at him. Being six months old already, she was moving far.

I opened the little red box, which contained a diamond necklace with three diamond hearts.

"Three for the Sambora family," he laughed.

I gave him a kiss, with Ireland twirling his hair.

He went into the living area, and sat down on the floor with her.

"So," I said, sitting on the couch. "How was the short tour?"

"Well," Richie said, playing with Ireland. "He's gone."

"What? Who?"

"Alec," Richie said.

I was shocked. "He quit?"

"Well, Jon let him go."

I knew Alec hadn't been doing too good. He was too rockstarish in my opinion, while everyone else had families now, and were married. He didn't fit in anymore.

"I think the band's going to take a break," Richie said. "We've all got families to come home to now."

I smiled. "How's Jon, Krystal, and Kitaen?"

"Good, he was going to take them to the beach for a while today."

Ireland laid there on her back, gazing up at Richie with her brown eyes.

"She's got her Daddy's eyes," I said.

"Your eyes too!" Richie smiled.

Once again, I felt like we were a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment